Monday, October 3, 2011

Loss for Words

Have you ever been truly at a loss for words?  It happens to me more than I would really like.  I'm generally rendered silent by such things as utter stupidity or ignorance but sometimes, someone acts like such a bonehead that there really are no words and the best I can manage is a small scream of frustration.  I'll keep this short... if there is an accident, disabled vehicle or construction, you do NOT need to stare.  Let me repeat that... YOU. DO. NOT. NEED. TO. STARE.  What if it were you or your loved one in that accident.  Would you want people to be rubbernecking just to see the carnage?  There is nothing there you need to be concerned about, in fact you are causing more problems.  Do you ever get a pain in your neck trying to see all the gory details?  You should be ashamed.  Your responsibility as a driver is to operate your vehicle safely and trust me, causing traffic and another potential accident just because you need to see if there's any blood is the furthest thing from responsible I can think of.  Be ashamed, be very ashamed.  Next time you come up on an accident, disabled vehicle or construction, I dare you not to turn your head.  I dare you to just move forward.  I bet you can't do it, but I hope you prove me wrong because I have places to be and you are holding me up.